Monday, August 25, 2008

Time Trial and Trail Conditions

Well the time trial is tomorrow and I am pumped!!! It should be a great day for it!!

This weekend Dave, Evan, and I worked on a reroute for Indy Drop because of how washed out it got. I picked out a nice deer trail that I thought would turn into a fun and fast DH. It ended up being a bit gnarly than I had hoped. Today I took by first ride down it. The first run I cleaned it alright. I felt pretty out of control and almost crapped myself but I made it. Being the person I am though I felt like I had to hike up it again to see if it was really that tuff or if it was just because it was my first ride down. The second time down proved to be disaster. I got a little loose and boinked a rock with by wheel which in turn exploded. Damn alloy nipples :)


Thanks to everyone who has helped out with trail work this year. After the horrible spring we have had the trails are in great shape. More needs to be done but they are looking good. For everyone who has helped so far thanks again. I also wanted to point out a trail workers best friend the brush hog. This guy has worked tirelessly to help maintain the trails. The nice thing is when he's out of gas you can just add more. "Why cant we get every mall-walker or wal-mart walker one of these, could you imagine all the mowing that could get done!!

I wanted to leave you with a great picture I got of the field at the end of Timber Dr. What a view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment